Nuestras Arquitectas, through this photography contest, proposes to focus and re-focus those images that have been hidden and eclipsed in order to return them to the place and the prominence those women architects deserved.
The This activity main purpose is helping in raising awareness and recognition on the contribution of women architects in order to disseminate and socialize the architectural works produced by women to our society. In achieving this, we have organized this open international photography contest on works by women architects. Taking part in this open contest is free.
Photographs will show work and contributions by women architects or professionals of Architecture, solo architects or team based offices. Location and building date are not restricted so photographs can come from any part of the world and wirk might be built in any time.
We suggest some categories for the works, although they are not determinative:
- Individual or collective housing
- Institutional architecture
- Landscape architecture
- Ephemeral architecture
- Town planning
Contest general rules
- Participation is open to all citizens.
- Each participant may send up to 3 photographs per person. Photographs must be original and unpublished (not presented in any other contest or not having totally or partially restricted its reproduction or being subjected to copyright).
- Participation in the contest implies full acceptance of its bases.
- Each photograph will be uploaded to author’s Instagram with the text “Our Architects Photography Contest” and hashtag #ConcursoNuestrasArquitectas2020
- It is also needed identifying the name and work of the woman architect/s or co-authors /s, if any.
- The deadline for uploading will be November 20, 2020 at 24 hours (GMT -3)
Conditions of acceptance and publication of photographs
Only photographs that do not presuppose violence of the rights of the photographed will be accepted. In particular, no photograph will be accepted or published that represents an interference with the rights and dignity of people; in case of photographing children, their face must be explicitly hidden.
Any question in this regard not contemplated here remains in the hands of the organizers of the contest and those entities on which they depend. The organization of the contest reserves the right of acceptance for reasons of conscientious objection.
The intellectual property of the photographs belongs to their authors.
By participating in the contest they allow their photographs to be exhibited and disseminated in all those areas consistent with this contest.
Jury members will be:
- Cayetana Mercé (Soyarquitecta.net, Argentina)
- Vanessa Vielma (ArchDaily México)
- Atxu Amann (UPM, España)
- Olatz Ocerin (ETSA de San Sebastián, España)
- Patricia Santos Pedrosa (Universidade de Lisboa – Mulheres na Arquitetura, Portugal)
- Patrizia Montini (IUAV, Italia)
- Soledad Larraín (MujerArquitecta, Chile)
The jury will announce the awards on November 25, 2020, International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women. These awards and related information will be published on successive days through the contest organizing entities media.
The distinction for the winners will be the dissemination of their photographs and the respective mentions on a publication that will be made specifically for this event.
All the photos presented will be susceptible of being exhibited in the exhibition “Our Women Architects Photo Contest” that will be organized later through the organizing institutions. For this reason, photographs in high resolution (300 dpi) will be requested later to the selected participants.
Organization of the contest
This contest is organized by the group of Nuestras Arquitectas and with the support of Universitat Politècncia de València (Spain), the Research Group on Built Heritage (GPAC) and the UNESCO Chair for Cultural Landscapes and Heritage of the Universidad del País Vasco, Instituto de la Espacialidad Humana de la Facultad de Arquitectura, Diseño y Urbanismo de la Universidad de Buenos Aires, Colegio Territorial de arquitectos de Valencia, Lina Plataforma, Un día | una arquitecta, Línea de investigación Urbanismo, Arquitectura y Diseño Feminista (CONICET), Arquitectas Euskadi, Sos Patrimonio siglo XX and YesWePlan! Spain.
Media Partners: ArchDaily, Arquitectos Al Aire.
Any clarification or additional information to these contest rules may be specified by sending an email to email@example.com